The Clarendon Building and the Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford.
The Clarendon Building was built by Nicholas Hawksmoor between 1711 and 1715 to house the Clarendon Press; later called Oxford University Press. The printing presses were in the basement and William Pearce received his training within this building. It is still used by the senior management of the OUP.
The Sheldonian Theatre was designed by Sir Christopher Wren for the public ceremonies of Oxford University, including graduation. It was built between 1664 and 1668. The presses of the Clarendon Press were originally housed in the basement and printed sheets were left to dry in the roof space.
Both buildings are in the grounds of the Bodleian Library, Broad Street, and are at the heart of Oxford University.